Support for Enhancing National capacity to Prevent and Reduce child labour in Vietnam (ENHANCE)
(1) To enhance the capacity of households/production facilities to benefit from e-commerce and improve their access to financial resources for production investment through direct consulting and organizing training courses.
(2) To raise awareness of child labor through providing appropriate intervention measures to improve income, working conditions, and documentation of economic development models that do not involve child labor in the community.
Research on the potential of Vietnamese herbs and herbal application to create sustainable livelihoods for forest-dependent communities.
(1) Research and documentation of strong herbal species in each provinces
(2) Review and documentation Vietnamese name, scientific name, usage, distribution, chemical composition
(3) To compile traditional processing methods, folk uses, and dosage.
(4) To compile the applications in medicines that have been published.
Empowering women and girls in order to respond and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic in Sapa, Lao Cai province
Starting from January 2023, VIRI will implement the project “Empowering Women and Girls for COVID-19 Recovery in Sapa, Lao Cai province”, sponsored by the UPS fund. The project will include the following main activities:
- Enhancing the value of local products for ethnic minority women affected by COVID-19.
- Conducting campaigns to raise awareness of women’s rights and combat human trafficking.
- Establishing an online tourism model and connecting to online markets to cope with and recover from the COVID-19 pandemic.
The project will be implemented for one year, from January 2023 to December 2023, in collaboration with the Women’s Union of Sapa town.